Friday, October 5, 2012

Minecraft - Kakariko Village Part 3

My Minecraft recreation of The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past's Kakariko Village continues as I finish up the main buildings and get ready to begin working on the Blacksmith's house. Overall, this project is moving along very quickly, much faster than Hyrule Castle.

Let's start with another overhead shot of the Village. As you can see, all the exterior work is complete. All the colored roofs are in place, the river on the right is dug out, all the trees have grown on the left and the last few exterior decor has been done. It took a lot of digging and sheep hunting to find enough wool and Lapis Lazuli to create the roofs, but it looks great once said and done.
Overhead view of the village.
I'll start with Sahasrahla's house. I did the best I could with the limited amount of space available on the inside, but this and every house is extremely cramped. The only exceptions are the room under Sahasrahla's house and the cavern in the upper left of the village. They are close to scale.
Outside of the house.
Inside of the left hand room.
The underground room.
Sorry, but no bottles available for sale here.
I'm going to say this village is after you get your whistle purely so I don't
have to create a bird on top of this...
A closer look at one of the hand-crafted trees. Behind it is the next
area to move on to, the blacksmith.
Inside the tavern.
The grassy yard.
As of last night, I have a few finishing touches to do on the cavern in the upper left of the village, but then all structures in the main Village will be complete inside and out. Then, I'll plant the trees at the back and front of the village to create the tree walls and finally move on to the blacksmith.

Overall, I'm surprised just how quickly this build has gone. I figured it would be a bigger project than it actually was. Although compared to a huge castle, it isn't nearly as big...

I'll post more shots when I'm completely done. Until then, stay calm and mine on.

No comments:

Post a Comment