Saturday, January 10, 2015

Goodbye Old School Consoles - Round 1

After over 25 years of gaming, I've finally decided to part with my old consoles. It is definitely not an easy decision to make as these games represent much of my childhood, but something that I need to do. I'm not going to get rid of 100% of everything, but the vast majority of it will be sold, especially the oldest generations.

To start things off, I dug out my original Nintendo Entertainment System and fired it up. After sitting in storage for nearly 18 years, the console fired up like it was nothing and worked just fine. In fact, all the games I put in worked good and those with memory still had the old save information. I did have to either blow our or re-insert all of them a few times, but they worked in the end.

It was a lot of fun playing these oldest games of mine again. Lots of memories. Everything is currently up on eBay right now so wish me luck.

For memory's sake, I laid everything out and took photos to remember what I once had. Here is the first phase of my collection sell-off: the NES.








  • Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mega Man 1
  • Mega Man 3
  • Deja Vu
  • Gyromite
  • RBI Baseball 3
  • Double Dribble
  • Blaster Master
  • Dr. Mario
  • Captain Skyhawk
  • Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino and Hoppy
  • StarTropics
  • Tetris
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventures of Link