Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Minecraft - Link to the Past - Desert Palace


 
Work continues in my Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Hyrule build in Minecraft. I just finished work on the Desert Palace which brings my Light World up to about 75% complete. I'll move on to Kakariko next (which will go fast) and then the Lost Woods which might take a bit due to the sheer number of trees required.


We'll start with the really-high overview. I tried to blend the edges into the surrounding world by blending grass/dirt to coarse dirt and then to sand. I think the effect looks pretty good myself.

This is the view you get when you first enter the area.

A little closer view of the entrance to the palace.

Entrance to the first floor (which is actually level B1).

I don't remember the name of the laser-firing statues, but this is about as good of a representation as I could come up with. Suggestions are welcome. In the background is the room where you get the glove.

 Map chest room.

Heading back towards the Big Key. Love the new armor stands. I can actually put the "soldier" statues up now.

Lots of winding paths.

Almost out of the first floor. Grab a fairy and head up for the Boss.

Entrance to the actual First Floor.


The first attacking-tiles room.


Almost to the Boss.

 Boss Room.

One of the rooms in the cave surrounding the desert.

I've had a few requests for the download file. I plan on uploading it somewhere in the future, but I want to wait until it's complete before I do. This has been a very long-running project and I plan on completing it before releasing it into the wild.

What I would love to do is learn how to create a mod for the game and/or use Adventure Mode to it's fullest but for the time being, that's a little beyond my knowledge. It would be a dream to mod Minecraft just for this map to operate like the actual game.